A little 10 watts portable amplifier. It has a clean and lead channel, 4-band equalizer and chorus/delay section. This amp is obviously made for beginners, but the most advanced of you guys can use it as an additional practive amp for home. I used my Ibanez AX-125, the ES-335 like Marathon (for a funny swingy approximate version of a Hendrix riff) and a little bit of Clearwater Lapsteel.
- The clean tone.
- The sound projection is actually roomy
- The delay is quite flattering to practice. It adds more room
- The 4-band equalizer allows to carve a pleasant sound.
- You can use the gain knob of the lead channel up to 11 o’clock and the sound is still good.
I did not like:
- It has the small solid state amps disease: it is hard to have a defined signal while you push the gain knob to the max. However, many say (and I do agree with ’em) that a good distorted sound doesn’t necessarily mean gain to the max.
- When the chorus control knob is turned up after 10 o’clock, it generates a hum. Not that noisy but still there.
That is a good little practice amplifier for home. I used it mostly up to 11 o’clock volume level and it had a lot of room. I think the beginners would appreciate it because of the good clean tone with the flattering delay. I liked the fact that you can also power it with batteries… This means that it easily can be portable, in the car trunk for vacation or to jam at the next barbecue.
How To Win The Beta Aivin BM6 Amp?
To enter the giveaway, it is quite easy:
Leave a comment in the comments section below, and tell me why do you think you should get this BM6 amplifier? Be fun, be creative or be serious… But leave a comment!
To improve your chances to win:
Submit a video demo of your musical gear that I will publish on Muzicosphere: any instrument, effects, amps… As long as it is made to play music! You have 2 possible ways to submit:
- Via the submit a video form to send a video directly from your hard drive.
- On Youtube*:
* The regular visitors will notice that I am experimenting.
A few rules for the game:
- The game is worldwide.
- Shipping cost will be paid by Muzicosphere and wha-wha.com.
- However, any import tax or custom duty specific to your country will be your responsibility.
- The game starts now and will end by March 10, 2010 at midnight (Paris time).
- The winner will be picked the week after, and will be informed by e-mail.
** As there are 4 prizes, you are welcome to enter for the other 3 prizes to win.
The BM6 amp retails at € 69.90. Further details on wha-wha.com