A list of the guitar things that I’m going to hate in 2012 :
- The next smartphone & guitar applications : Seriously, I see the mobile revolution at work… Damn I even understand why it is so… But when it comes to the guitar world, I find it kind of sad! And something tells me that 2011 was just an appetizer! Check point #7 of the list…
- The next NAMM show, and the truckload of new gear that aren’t that new at all! So much noise for almost nothing! Seriously, adding a flammed maple top to a guitar isn’t exactly an exciting new model!
- The next NAMM show, and the truckload of new gear that I will crave! This is the worst part! Check point #5 of the list… If they are making more cheap sexy, and sounding axes, I’m gonna have some troubles with the bank… again!
- The next Musikmesse meaning that all these desirable yet not totally useful guitar items are coming close to me!
- The Squier Jazzmaster J. Mascis… Shit! 3 months from now I am rather sure that I’m going to grab me one of those!
- My next gear reviews because I am going to try a new approach! The reason is that I didn’t find my 2011 gear reviews satisfying enough (and I’m not even talking about the trolls who insulted me around the web… Damn trolls… Gimme a break, and go tidy up your rooms)!
- I have a smartphone now… Shit! I’ll try as hard as possible to not download every guitar app I’ll find!
- Finding or creating a band… I’m serious about that, I really need that! I have to make it for real this year! Make music… Real music!
- The next Youtube guitarists generation… Goddam! Every year, virtuosos are younger, and more virtuosos than ever! If even fœtuses are better than me, it won’t take long before I start playing triangle…
- Writing for the nth time that the neck pickup has a warm tone or the brigde pickup has a sparkly tone! When are we going to find a good way to describe sounds, goddam!
It’s not healthy to have to fight against temptations, frustrations, and lexical issues… But hey… That could be worst, right? What are your guitar pet peeves for 2012?